Resources for AT Transition
This page includes a sampling of websites that offer a wide range of information about AT Transitions. Each of the sites listed below will also lead you to other resources.
- Pacer Center: Assistive Technology For Transition Success-The Pacer Center hosts the National Parent Center on Transition and Employment which includes a section about Assistive Technology for Transition Success. You'll find lots of information and additional resources at this site.
- QIAT Transition Guiding Document -The QIAT resources include indicators for students in transition who use AT as well as a Guiding Document for Transition. It offers additional information and examples of how the transition indicators may be applied to individual planning and skill development. Visit the QIAT website to for additional guiding documents and resources.
- Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology-Post Secondary (QIAT-PS)-The QIAT-PS website contains a wealth of information that can be of assistance to indivduals who use AT and are moving from the high school to colleges and universities. Visit the QIAT-PS site to locate resources for students as well as improving support services for students with disabilities who use AT.
- Self Determination Assessments- Self Determination is an important part of any transition plan. Team members focus on self determination in order to help an individual be as independent as possible and to be active participants in their own lives. Below you will find links to four self determination assessment tools that are available online. While they do not specifically mention AT, they offer important ideas for teams that support individuals who use AT.
- Transition Planning Assistive Technology Supports and Services-The Technology and Media Division of the Council for Exceptional Children (TAM-CEC) offers a series of monographs about assistive technology. Click here to download Tech In Action Transition Planning which discusses specific transition issues for people who use AT.